Twelve weeks old today. Seriously, what did we do before we had this baby??? I really can't remember. It's been such a natural transition in life...something that I did not expect at all. Not a whole lot of milestones this week. She's taking after her mom in talking...talking all the time, only her conversations are filled with ahhs, oooooos, agoos, and squeals. We have many conversations a day where we just share "ahhs and oooos". Very fufilling, I must say, if you've never tried it. And as silly as it sounds, mocking her sounds and talking to her when she's quiet helps teach her how to have real conversations, talking while the other listens. She's learning, and she thoroughly enjoys being mimicked. She's beginning to express displeasure sounds when she wants us to do something again....like the "superbaby" game where she's gently lifted in the air above our heads. She'll laugh while in the air, begin to whimper when you put her down, and in mid cry, laugh again when you put her back up. This, I'm assuming, is baby talk for "do it again, daddy!" When you take time to decode baby talk, it's amazing how much they really do communicate with us.
"SUPERBABY!!!"

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee...

"Cool Dude!"
No comments:
Post a Comment