Wednesday, December 31, 2008

And the decision is...

After debating on a couple of names: Samuel Glenn and Ethan Glenn, Darin and I have decided to name our son Ethan Glenn Buscher. Ethan, appearing something like 8 times in the Bible means "strong, firm" in the Hebrew language. Glenn is Darin's middle name, something I'm proud to have our son share with his father.

We had debated between that name and Samuel. We'd also thought about using the name Isaiah, but that's just a difficult one to come up with a middle name for, and Glenn just didn't sound right. Samuel Glenn is what we decided to name Zoe had she surprised us in the delivery room with a different "part". But this time, I both of us were for some reason leaning towards Ethan. A lot of prayer went into this name, both from my husband and myself. It was important to us that God be a part of the naming of our children, and I'm assuming by the fact that we were both pretty set on Ethan that He was directing us that way. Darin places great importance on the meaning of the name. I actually think that if the hospital would let you walk out of their front doors without having named your baby yet, he would vote to do that and not name the baby until he was 8 days old...a traditional Jewish practice.

I remember before we even got married and talked about future children, the name Zoe was always what he wanted to name his daughter should he ever have one. Zoe means "life" in the Greek language, and wow does she live up to her name. Our sweet Zoe is nothing less than full of life, sharing her contagious spirit of happiness with anyone around her. The joy she's brought to us is immeasurable. She's our firstborn, our baby girl.

So, our little Ethan, our precious son, we look forward to that day a few months from now when we can hold you in our arms. On that day, our small family of three will instantly become a family of four. You will be loved by not just a mom and a dad, but a wonderful big sister too. Keep doing what you do best...grow big and strong. We have loved you from the first moment we knew you were going to be a part of our family. Until those first tender moments with you, we will wait.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great name!!

    My boys' middle names are all family names. Keaton has Kirk's father's name: Eli. Sawyer has my dad's name: James. And Tate shares Kirk's middle name: Matthew.

    I love having their heritage as part of their names....makes them really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I told you earlier I love the name. And you know we did the same thing too, the kids have family middle names, 'cept Abidoodle. She's just the odd one out and she proves that on a daily basis of being in her own world LOL! Can't wait to meet him, oops, I mean, Ethan. God gave you a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name is great! I love how you all really put a lot of thought and prayer into choosing it. Aaron and I did the same with Johnathan's name, and the meaning of his name, Jehovah has Given, is more than perfect! Can't wait to see that sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (In response to your comment, yes I have seen him do the "butt in the air" sleep. It's so cute, but I have yet to take a picture of it.)

    How are y'all doing these days??? You're getting close to your dd! Only 3 more months or so, right! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete