Saturday, December 20, 2008

As promised...

For those of you who haven't read my "What do you think about the name Sue?" post yet, scroll down to read that first. Then come back to this one.

I finally got a chance to upload pics this morning. Our scanner is out of commision at the moment, so I had to take pictures of the pictures...sounds strange, I know.

Anyway, as promised, here are the pictures (minus the picture of the "boy parts"). But to put those of you who might be worried that we might be surprised on d-day with a little girl, I'll share with you this: It is unmistakeably a boy...trust me! I put arrows and words to them to make them a little easier to identify.


Profile picture: This picture took the longest to get...about 20 minutes. Reason?? STUBBORN BABY...already! The baby was turned head down yesterday, face either buried or turned to one side or the other with his bootie up in the air and knees pulled underneath him. Impossible posisition to get a profile picture from. The radiology technician said after just a couple of minutes of trying, "don't worry, I've never had a baby just not do anything if I jiggle them a little bit." Well, the little bit of jiggling turned into 15 minutes of poking, prodding, and jiggling, and another few minutes of me having to walk the halls to get him moving. I ended the walk with a minute or so of jumping up and down. She laughed and said, "well, after three years of doing this, I'll have to revise my previous statement. I've never had a baby this stubborn before". It would move, but the movements were more irritated kicks and jabs from being poked on...no rolling over. After the walking and jumping, I hopped back on the table and she tried again, this time successfully getting a profile picture.


Top of the face view...


Oh to be this limber...one of his feet is pressed up against his forehead in this picture.


I got a kick out of this last one. True boy for you...already showing off his bicep trying to prove how strong he is.

So our hospital has a really long ultrasound, sending us up to the radiology clinic to get it done. Routine procedure, no worries. They like to check all organs to make sure they're fully functioning, all major bones (femur, thigh bone, forearm, etc...) to make sure they're shaped right and measuring average growth patterns, all parts of the brain to check for function and growth, check for cleft lips, etc, etc, etc. It is a lot, but makes me feel better in the end. All looks good. Bones are growing at normal growth patterns. Healthy heart, kidneys, stomach, brain, etc. This one's going to be another tall one...his femur is measuring a week ahead of everything else.

So there you go...at 22 weeks along, I only have 18 weeks left. EDD is April 26th at this point.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I KNEW IT WAS A BOY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids saw the blog this afternoon, Madelynne was the first one to say, "they're going to have much fun!" Zach said, "oooo a little Spud." -- The kids are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'll bet Darin is so happy to be having a boy. That's what Lee wants when that time rolls back around. I'm very excited for you and your family. Have a great Christmas!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete