Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mommy look what I can wear!

A new stage of life...the stage of HAIR. A long awaited stage for a mom who looks into the future with dreams of playing with her little girl's hair. A stage that means absolutely nothing to a busy 17 month old. Over the last month, the new style that's been trying to come in over the last 3 months or so has finally come in...and I might add, finally laid down. For months, she's had sprouts of three inch long hair covering the crown of her head and extending over her head. And for months, it stood straight up. I couldn't keep it down. It's finally long enough that it's laying down, and on top of that, she's growing bangs.

So what's a mother to do but go out and buy a cute little set of bows? We tried the cheap clips from a dollar general store...but her hair's too fine and thin to keep them in. But last night, I bought some from someone who was inspired by her hairless wonder and now makes them to sell. They are the perfect size and they stay in! Yay for bows!!! And yay for the last of the comments I hear everytime I get her out (despite the pink shirt she's wearing), "Oh, what a cute little boy!".



As I was taking a picture this morning, she decided that she would check out what's under the Christmas tree...even though she's ignored it up to this point. And what did she find??? Presents!!! Apparently Christmas is coming early this year unless I can keep those nicely wrapped presents from being unrapped.



4 comments:

  1. I noticed last night how thick her hair is getting! The question is: Will she leave it alone and keep it in her hair?!

    PS I've been trying to call you yesterday and today but the line is always busy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did she keep it inor do she keep taking it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you got those bows!!! :)

    Thanks again for last night...very fun! Hope you were able to rest up last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She keeps it in for the most part. Sometimes she just likes to touch it, but you know how "gentle" a toddler's touch can be. She only tried to take it out once.

    ReplyDelete