Monday, September 21, 2009

It's a date!

So can I tell you how excited I am about Saturday night? My husband and I haven't had a date night in...oh....5 months. Maybe more. And we get to go on a date Saturday night...FOR FREE.

Sadly, we don't get out much...as if the above statement weren't clear about that. One reason is the fact that we end up paying as much for a babysitter (sometimes more) than we do on the date itself.

Another reason is the fact that I have a baby that is somewhat attached to my hip and will be for another 8 months. No, we're not some scientific nut case conjoined mother/son duo. He's a nursing baby...one that gets very angry if he doesn't get his food. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that God made women to be able to provide the perfect source of food. And I enjoy not having to fork out a couple hundred dollars on formula each month. But sometimes I feel a bit like I'm ball and chained to my son.

I've only felt like that for a week or so, and I think the defining moment was when I became a teething ring to my possibly teething child last week.

So back to my original statement...my husband and I are going on a date. I LOVE my kiddos, but I also really miss the adult time with my husband. Darin is a sponsor for a social club on OBU's campus, and they e-mailed him last week saying they wanted to treat us on a date and offer free babysitting (from the little sis's). Now to figure out what to do. Any suggestions?????

3 comments:

  1. FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I love date nights.

    I'm sure you guys will find something super fun to do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun! What a blessing to have people around you who will take care of your kiddos! Have a good time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your date go??????!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete