Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Little Piece of Heaven

That's right. A little piece of heaven. In a peanut butter cup cookie. Look at this little bit of decadence.



Those are completely homemade, you know. As in from scratch. As in mix flour, sugar, and all kinds of horrifically fattening wonderfully healthy ingredients together, bake in mini muffin pans, and shove a reeses cup in the middle as soon as you pull them out. Well, ok, those aren't homemade, but everything else is. But I can't wait to sink my teeth into one of those. YUM-O!

So we were supposed to be hosting a super bowl party for our small group at church. Not happening thanks to Zoe's random and mysterious fever virus. Her fever finally broke today, but we didn't feel right about still possibly subjecting people to this weirdness of a virus. She's hovering between normal and 99.3. Hopefully this is behind us. Though I took Ethan's temperature a little while ago because he felt warm and it was about 100. But then it was back to normal about 30 mintues later (he didn't feel warm anymore, so I took it again out of curiosity). I don't think he'd be coming down with it so late, but you never know.

So back to my "little piece of heaven cookies", I'm taking those to a party tonight...same party, just different location. Darin has agreed to watch the kiddos while I go to that, and then when I get home about 7ish, he's going to jet over to his friend's house to finish the game and hang out for a while. Seemed like an ok compromise to me, though I wish we weren't having to compromise at all.

1 comment: