Well, we've been out of town for a week. With two little ones, it takes a little bit of time to work back into the normal routine. That post(s) will come soon, when I get the time to upload some of the pictures. In the meantime, I have to say that while we were there my little guy turned 14 months old. I'm sure people think I'm nuts for taking pictures of each month, but I don't really care...especially since only about 5 people even read this thing. There are plenty more, but I don't know until they tell me about some post because I rarely get comments. I LOVE going back through the months and looking at new accomplishments and seeing growth.
Anyway...E-Man, you are 14 months (and a week). And boy have you grown this month, mentally and physically.
This is what you are up to these days.
*You still sleep about 11 or 12 hours at night.
*You actually WANT to go to bed and even ask for it. There have been times where we've found you trying not to climb out, but to climb into your bed. When you see us, you say, "Up. Bed." Go figure.
*You eat breakfast and lunch without a hitch, gobbling down everything in sight. Dinner is a battle...a big battle. Usually it ends in you butting your head and throwing your food. You HATE pasta textures and love breads and cheeses.
*You are talking up a storm. You say roughly 35 words. I usually try to write your new ones down, and I think at this point you know 37. You are getting to that point where you learn a new word every day or two. Last night, you learned "owside" for outside. Before you learned most single words, you started talking two word sentences for several things like "get down", "want that", "get up", "read book", "right there" - you do this when I ask you where things are in books, "what that?" - you do this about 100 times every book we read, little inquisitive guy you are. Your newest words are "Mi" for milk, "row" which you sing that word over and over and over while your sister sings Row Row Row your boat, "book", "bed", and "woah" which you repeated after every firework last week. Those you learned within the last week.
*You are still head butting. Rarely is there a day where we walk out of the house and you have a flesh colored forehead. Usually it's black, blue, purple, yellow, and every shade in between from the many bruises on you. People must think we beat you. You only did it once today, and then I put you in timeout for the first time in your pack and play. You haven't done it since. :) Maybe that's our key.
*You are on the brink of running. You're walking so well that you walk now with your arms by your side and not up in the assumed hands up position. You've run a few times by accident, but I think you're close to just taking off.
*You are still in size 18 months, but I just had to pack away a bunch of your clothes. We bought a few 24 months clothes and they fit you well. You are a size 5 shoe.
*You still take two naps a day, for between a hour and two hours each.
*You LOVE fireworks. Your comment last week when we went was "Woah" after each one. Then you'd clap. That was priceless!
*You have started to learn to climb stairs...but only up. You still would take a head dive off if you tried to go down alone. No concept of depth yet.
*You are a water baby. You love to kick, splash, and as I found out, jump off the side into mommy's arms...holding my hands of course.
*One of your favorite things to do even now is look at books. You now want us to read them to you, and will go get them, bring them to us, dump it in our lap, and say, "Read book" as you try to climb into our lap. Your favorite right now is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you Hear?. We read that sometimes 3 times in one setting.
*You hate being changed at night into your PJ's. But one thing that you find really humorous is to stick your feet in my face while I'm changing you. Let me tell you, son, you have some stink going on. Those sandles and sweat mixed don't do nice things for you. Every night, we play the "stinky foot game" where you stick your feet in my face and I make a big deal about the smell. You laugh. I try not to gag. And we keep playing.
*You can identify certain animals (cow, cat, dog, horse, sheep, bear, and lion), and can make the animal sounds for bear, lion, sheep, cow, and dog. Your sheep sound is "a-a-a-a-a"...hilarious!
*You now have FOUR teeth. I think last month you still didn't have any. Three came in all in one week and the fourth came in just before we went up north. Your working on a 5th right now. Teeth coming are rough on you.
*You love to give hugs and kisses to your mommy and daddy...something I don't think we'll ever grow tired of! You're a little cuddle bug. I'll enjoy that while it lasts because I know it won't long. :(
*You have grown so big in your face lately....you don't even look the same. My handsome little guy...




I've been out of the bloggy loop for awhile now...so it's so good to get back to normal and check in with all my favorite families.
ReplyDeleteGOSH...I cannot believe that Ethan is so big. It feels like yesterday when he was just born. Cuhrazy how time flies.
And I love that you are so careful to document his growth. You'll be so grateful.
Hi Allison... I don't post much but enjoy each and every one. Your blog readership might increase. Yep, I was talking to new Moms the other day about potty training. Since you and Kendra have documented so much of different aspects of your children's growth, I'm sure that and other valuable info is waiting to be discovered.
ReplyDeleteHe looks so different now...like a big boy and not a baby! Time flies!
ReplyDelete-Grace