Thursday, October 28, 2010

Can we say awkward?

Well, if you know me at all, you know I like change.  I chopped off my long hair when I started teaching.  I chopped it even shorter in a "Mommy makeover" just two weeks after Zoe's birth.  Over the last couple of years, it's just gotten shorter and shorter, short enough to spike up in the back.  I guess I'm getting tired of the pixie cut.  I long for long hair again, so here we go again.  Though this might take a little longer than the 15 minutes it'd take for me to get it chopped off.  No, this, despite my best wishes might very well take up to 2 years.  *Sigh*  But I'm committed to doing it.  Through this "journey", I'm going to document what my hairstyles will be from short to long, documenting all the awkwardness along the way.  Oh, and awkward it's been.  Sheesh...who knew that growing out your hair would be such a difficult task!?!?!   Guess I didn't think that one all the way through. 

At the beginning of September, this is what look I sported.  It was short, sassy, and easy.  I never had to worry about the wind messing it up or frizzy hair days.  Long ago were the "bad hair days" I had to struggle with when I had longer hair. 



And this, getting into awkward stage 1 was when it right at the beginning of October.  Probably a good half inch longer. 


And now, finally, this was today...just a couple of days until November...and just coming out of awkward stage #2.  I'm finally getting to where it looks almost identical to what it did when I cut it after Zoe's birth. 


So much progress, but yet SO, SO, SO, far to go.  Not sure what will happen from here...so tune into awkward stage #3 next month.

And yes, if you are noticing that my face looks a little thinner than in the first, it's because I'm still on my weight loss journey as well.  I am now 7 pounds from my ideal weight...according to health charts.  I'm fitting into pants from college - have dropped 2 pant sizes, one shirt size, and...well, let's just say there's another size that just can't possibly drop anymore without putting me back in a training size.   Ahem...

I'll spare you from pictures of my weight loss.  I'll just show you the before and after once I get to my weight of 1*5.  :)  Makin' you wonder??

1 comment:

  1. In the awkward stages of growing out short hair, I highly suggest wide headbands... the kind that end behind your ear and are plastic on the inside. You can usually find some to match anything, and they hold your hair down, keeping it from getting too big. Best thing is, if you wear them all morning, then you can take them off and that part of your hair will stay flat lol.

    ReplyDelete