Ethan, at 19 months:
*Still take a good 2 hour nap once a day and sleep from 8PM until right around 7AM.
*Finally grew into that long torso of yours. You are wearing 18-24 month clothes. The pants that used to just hang on you finally fit you normally. And your belly is slimming down making your shirts a bit looser. :)
*You are 23 lbs...finally starting to put some weight on that skinny body of yours.
*You are running....everywhere.
*You are hitting terrible twos a little early. Tantrums are beginning to be a daily occurance complete with stomping and crying. Some end up on the floor flailing. They don't last long because I ususally just walk away. It's not so easy, however, when you throw one in a store. Ahem.
*You went almost a month without headbutting. Congratulations!! But then we had the worst case of headbutting I think we ever had. We wrapped your crib rail all the way around with thick sheets so you couldn't injure yourself....any further. You sported some pretty big bruises for a while.
*Are using full sentences. You pretty much know what you want and will tell us. Sometimes they're not all that clear, but most of the time they are.
*You told me for the first time the other day, "No. I do it myself!" Headstrong little thing, you are.
*You almost have your full set of first year molars. That was one of the main causes to this last bit of headbutting. You have part of your fourth one in. Now just 9 more teeth to go. Sigh.
*You love to sing. You have three favorites. ABC, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Baa Baa Black Sheep. These are the lyrics we often hear from those.
Tinkle Tinkle Wittle Tar. How I wonder wut you are. Up aba do worl so high. Like a dimon in do sky. Tinkle Tinkle Wittle Tar. How I wonder wut you are. - you don't normally sing all of it at one time. Usually bits and pieces.
Baabaa back sheeeeep. Have you any wuh. Yes sir yes sir tee bah fuh. - and that's all you know of that one.
ABCDEFG...HIKLOP...RSTUVWXYYYYZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. You almost have it down, but you miss about 5 letters in the middle. You can identify a little over half of the letters by sight.
*You count to ten. And actually, out of the blue you counted to 19 today. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. You only missed 11 and called 17 seven. I only work with you on 1-10. We've not yet done anything above ten. You learn SO much from hearing your sister. I guess there is a benefit to her C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T. jabbering. :)
*You are learning colors...or think you are. You know the names of a lot of them and go point to things and say random colors. You can accurately name red and yellow. The rest are totally random.
*You love Elmo and Diego. You have a little Elmo stuffed toy and carry it around with you sometimes. He has made his way into your crib for naptime and bedtime.
*You are into everything. I was thrown for a loop with you because you sister never much explored....at least not like you. When I say you are into everything, I mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!
*You love to wrestle with your daddy. You plow into him and sometimes knock him over if he's sitting on the floor and didn't know you were coming.
*You love life and are for the most part a happy, healthy toddler. I was so blessed with two happy kiddos.
Until next month....
No comments:
Post a Comment