Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trienta. Trente. dreißig. Trinta. Thelathini. Di San. THIRTY!

Three decades ago (and a few months since I'm so late posting this), I turned...ahem...30.  Yes, the big 3-0.
Trienta.  Trente.  dreißig.  Trinta.  Thelathini.  Di San.  THIRTY!  

I never thought my precious husband was the type to try to surprise me.  I was so wrong this time.  I half expected some sort of surprise party, but he went the more creative route. We had a women's special event at the end of June.  About 50 ladies or so were there, I think.  Towards the middle, they started singing Happy Birthday and brought out this cute little flip flop cake and a bouquet of gorgeous flowers....to guess who?  Talk about embarrassing...and sweet all wrapped up in one.  He almost came to deliver it himself, but I think he got a little uncomfortable thinking about being the only guy there.  :)  What a sweetheart.  He even remembered that my favorite flowers were stargazers.  Talk about a moment of your heart melting into a puddle on the floor.   


No comments:

Post a Comment