Thursday, August 2, 2007

"Mommy Crisis"

I'm figuring that if a man is allowed to have a midlife crisis, a woman is entitled to what I like to call a "mommy crisis". See, when I got home with Zoe, I had this overwhelming urge to change my look. Part of this was being done naturally by the diet I went on last week where I lost 23 pounds. It's called the "have a baby" diet. But since I was getting my pre-pregnancy looks back, I decided that I wanted to go even further with my change. This is where the "mommy crisis" comes in. I went into my hair stylist and told her, "Chop it off!" Now it's not as drastic as it sounds. I didn't go GI Jane short, but I did get quite a bit cut off. It's a much more stylish version than my plain jane cut, and probably my favorite hairstyle of any that I've ever had. At the very least, it makes me feel somewhat like a new person, and as a new mom, change is what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment