Saturday, September 12, 2009

Green slime

I remember when girls in high school used to think it was cool to bring and eat baby food for their lunch. Made me want to gag. The smell...gag. The look of it...gag. Now I'm feeding it to this guy. Apparently, it makes him want to gag too.



At the time...he hated me momentarily for trying to make him eat green slime loved me dearly for feeding healthy foods to him. Take a look for yourself.




I'm not sure how much he actually ate that night, actually. Most of it came out of his mouth during a "PPPPTTTT" moment or ended up all over his bib. But on the bright side, he's now a pro at eating this green slime (aka green beans) and also is enjoying sweet peas and squash along with his rice cereal meals.

See, here's his "thank goodness she's finally done trying to shove that junk into my mouth" "I think I'm really starting to like this stuff" face.

2 comments:

  1. Baby food always made me go YUCK, too. I felt so bad force feeding my child this mushy bland stuff. But, he never complained, and he won't remember the nasty taste and smell. I just hope I never have to go on a soft diet and only eat baby food one day, or I'd have to add a whole lot of salt to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gak. Baby food.

    But there is nothing like a sweet slobbery green bean face.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete