Monday, September 20, 2010

Clark County Fair

I'm going to try really really hard to say a lot of good things about our fair...really try.  Unfortunately, it's sort of sad.  There's not much.  It stinks.  Prices are $3 per ride.  The rides last only about 20 seconds.  But to two toddlers who have never been before, it was a blast.  They had a "petting zoo" area that was really just a show area for all the ranchers and farmers around the county who were showing their animals.  They had caged up pigs, goats, cows, chickens, and rabbits.  They served for dinner that night ham, chicken, and hamburgers, goat, and rabbits.  Just kidding...well, about some of it.  :) 

Ethan LOVED looking at the animals.  He would go up to each one and make its noise trying to get it to talk to him.  He got the pigs to oink, but that's about it. 

Zoe got to ride a few rides this year.  I bought four tickets for four dollars.  I thought, "well, she can get 4 rides out of this."  Yeah - not so much.  I went to the first ride she wanted to go on and the guy looks at me and says, "Umm..this cost 3 tickets."  Are you kidding me???  Three dollars for a 20 second ride?  I looked into those big brown eyes.  My next stop was the ticket booth.  Again.  They had a "deal" for a bracelet that cost $15.  That got you into as many rides as you wanted as many times as you wanted.  So out came the wallet and on went the bracelet. 

Her friend Bethany was there.  They rode 3 rides together.  At that point, Bethany was out of tickets, so I tried to get Zoe to go on another ride or two by herself after we said goodbye.  Zoe rode a total of 3 rides that night.  Ahem.  Are you doing the math?  Three rides means 9 tickets which means only $9.  I spent...$15...for an unlimited bracelet.  *sigh*  Anyway, she had a blast on those few rides and they squealed and giggled and wanted more.  It was a first experience for her and since  I might just forget my wallet next year, and the year after, and the year after that.... I plan on taking her every year and letting her ride as many rides as she wants, I figure this year is as good as any. 

Here are some of their fair experiences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment