Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pocket full of rocks

Little man...you are now 16 months old!  You have been a busy guy this month!  Here's what you're up to. 

This month - you:

*Still are an eater on some days, but just choose to refuse what we offer you on others. 

*Became allergic to Penacillin.  We had you on an antibiotic and you broke out in this horrible rash.

*Are just on the brink of running.  You sort of lean and just walk really, really fast.  I'm waiting on a face plant. 

*Are wearing 12 month - 18 month pants and 24 month shirts.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to shop for you???? 

*Are FINALY past 21 pounds.  Just 22...but that's a milestone!  :) 

*Cut three more teeth.  You have parts of two molars through and one of your front/side teeth in. 

*Have a well over 100 word vocabulary.  About half are clear, the other half we decode.  Your newest words this week are "Be back"  "Fefent" for elephant.  "Kurkle" for circle.  "Tryngle" for triangle.  "Biper" for diaper.  "Zo-Zo" for Zoe. 

*Are starting to talk in some two-word or short sentences.  The one we hear most often is always preceeded by "I wanna".  Insert another verb here and you've got it.  We hear, "I wanna eat." when you're hungry.  "I wanna dink" when you're thirsty.  "I wanna get down" when you're ready to get down.  "I wanna go go" when you're ready to go. 

*Can count to three as of this week.  Well, you can point out numbers one - three and say them.  You can say Zero too and love to go bring me your zero from your puzzle.  You pronounce three "tee". 

*Have learned about 10 body parts and can say and point out: Eye, Nose, Mouth, Ears, Hands, Fingers, Feet, Toes, Belly, Belly Button, and Elbow which you pronounce "belbow". 

*LOVE spending face time with mommy reading books and wrestling with your daddy.  Poor guy...you just run and jump on him whether he's ready or not.  Usually the "Ahhhh" noise you make just prior to pouncing warns him of your coming. 

*Get three hours alone with me in the morning now because your big sister is now in preschool.  You LOVE it. 

*Dropped your morning nap last week.  Well, we dropped it, but you were ok with it.  :)  You now take one 2 hour nap from 1:30-3:30 or so.  You and your sister are FINALLY on the same nap schedule. 

*Are just mess...all boy! :) I wouldn't have it any other way. 


But...but...I don't wanna go ho home!

No comments:

Post a Comment