Saturday, June 25, 2011

Panda Mania

VBS was last week at our church.  When I was a kid, it was no big deal to go 5 days or nights a week.  When I was an adult without kids, it was no big deal to do it all week.  But now that I have two little ones (who see it as no big deal), it is a HUGE deal.  We were exhausted!!!!  But to know that it is a week that has huge impacts on kids from our church as well as those around the community, it makes your time there worthwhile. 
Our theme this year was Panda Mania.  Bible stories were geared towards God is wild about you, listens to you, cares for you, loves you, ect.  Zoe got to participate in the full blown VBS this year for the first time and had a blast doing it.  Last year she wasn’t quite three so she had to still be in the two year old class which wasn’t really a part of the whole thing. 
Darin and I were crew leaders for a group of about 11 2nd and 3rd graders.  Boy did they have about 11 thousand times more energy than we did…or at least than I did.  The first two days were great.  By the third day, a few of them were just wearing us out.  But overall, we had a great group of kiddos.  I only hope we were able to leave some sort of impression on them that will lead them towards our Heavenly Father. 
Overall, we had about 160 kids and about 100 volunteers.  You’ll see a whole group picture at the end.    

As workers, we were fed nightly


Mr. Confident

And evidently Ethan has found love with little Miss Cadie!





Ethan's crew

Zoe's crew


our group
 

No comments:

Post a Comment