Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Books, books everywhere!

Zoe has been exposed to books for a couple of months now. She loves to be read to, and can just sit and stare at the pages for minutes at a time. Of coures we read mainly the pillow type books that make crinkly sounds if touched and I try to draw it out for as long of as she'll let me. The picture on the left is her favorite book...she loves the red/black colors on it. A few weeks ago, I put her in the rocking chair (Daddy's old rocking chair) and placed a book in her lap. She looked at it inquisitively for a minute or so and then tried to open it up...or so it seemed. The moment was too perfect to pass up, so as always, I ran to grab my camera to snap a few pictures.







"Now how do I get this open??"








"Will you read me this book?"

1 comment:

  1. That's so good you're starting her on books this early. I did that with Shelby and now she LOVES books! She pretends that she's reading all the time. She wants to read SO badly! I attribute this to being exposed to reading even while she was still in my tummy. Bethany, on the other had, is not as fortunate. It seems I don't have as much time to sit down and read to her. I REALLY DO need to make time for that though. It is SO beneficial! Good job!

    ReplyDelete