Friday, June 20, 2008

First Steps!!!!

Zoe finally got a little gutsy and decided to try to take a few steps. I knew she was getting close b/c all day yesterday she was testing her balance by letting go of whatever she was cruising against. She would stand for several seconds at a time and clap when she let go. She's been taking a step or two for about a week now, but nothing huge, and they were more out of surprise than anything. But yesterday she actually "walked" for several steps at a time. I think the biggest accomplishment she had was taking close to ten steps. Of course she might have gone further if I hadn't started cheering and clapping. I couldn't help myself. When she gets a little more proficient at it, I'll get a video or something. But for right now, I'm just making sure she doesn't crash on her face....again.

1 comment: