****Baby word "dis" - English word "this"**** That title may look funny, but it's probably a word I hear several dozen times each day, and lately it just so happens that when you hear that word, you can find a wobbly 12 month old waddling towards you with a book out in front of her wanting you to read her a book. And, yes, generally it's the same 5 page book. For all those teachers out here reading this blog, you'd be proud of the little book lover. It looks like spending all those hours reading picture books to her have paid off. She loves "reading", and especially having someone read to her. Often, I'll find her sitting in a corner somewhere flipping through the pages of a book. Then when she catches your eye, "dis, dis", and up she goes. She's getting the hang of being able to identify certain items, mainly animals and everyday items. She probably knows b/w 10-20 objects and colors. Who knew that even when I wasn't going to be teaching, I was still going to be teaching

This is the look I'll get in conjunction with "dis, dis"

Still hasn't quite figured out right side up from upside down...but we're getting there!

aww, yay for a book lover! I love the "dis" face.. that's too cute!
ReplyDelete