And so the fight begins, the battle of the bulge. For at least a month I'm sure, I'll be getting those stares from people who look at me and go, "wow, she should really do something about the weight she's gained in her midsection." "She needs to stop trying to beat Paula Dean in her race for how much butter she adds to her casserole dishes." Nosy, nosy people.
Yesterday, I put on a pair of my most comfortable jean Capri's. Pulled them up, began to try to button them, and....umph. Within a week's time, those oh so comfy pants aren't so comfy anymore. I turn to look at my now bigger bulge (never completely got rid of all the Zoe bulge) and thought, ugh, I'm only 7 or 8 weeks along and already look like I did when I was 3 months along last time which was the time when I looked fat and not pregnant. So the pants buttoned, but they're being stretched beyond capacity. In another week or two, I'll have to become familiar again with the oh so fun maternity stretchy pants. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about...the ones that slide down so far that it feels like your belly just sort of hangs over your pants...the ones that I wait till no one's looking and then hike them up again. Yeah, those. as much as I don't like them, I like them more than the kangaroo pouch pants. Those are just uncomfortable in all areas. I feel like I'm an 80 year old little man who wears his britches up to his chest and as a result, the legs rise far far above his ankles.
So can you tell I'm a little apprehensive about just jumping into maternity clothes again? I enjoy my comfy pants! I'm not so excited about being in the stage where jeans are either too tight or too loose. And I don't enjoy being gawked at by nosy people who wonder if I'm just gaining a lot of weight or if I'm pregnant. Hey, maybe I can make a sandwich sign and wear it around my neck until I actually look pregnant. Yeah, the sign would say, "No, I'm not getting fat, I'm just pregnant." That'll show 'em.
Oh, I know the feeling! Seems like your "pooch" starts "poochin'" a little earlier the second time around. I guess it's because your first precious bundle prepared your body for the second. Maybe you'll find some comfy pants at Rhea Lana's.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jennifer...I showed so much earlier with my second baby. I was using the rubber bands to hook my favorite pants for awhile...didn't want to get into the prego pants too early!
ReplyDeleteWho cares about nosey people...I'm positive that you look precious!