Friday, September 12, 2008

The time has come....

SIGH!!! Well, my few weeks that I had before I needed my maternity clothes turned into about a week. I've sort of popped out...something I didn't really do until I was about 20 weeks last go around. So...my comfy capris are no more. I did, however, borrow some clothes from someone who was actually my size so my stretchy band pants actually are pretty comfy too. My first pregnancy, I was blessed to have been given lots of clothes that had been passed down from person to person to person. Some was a size or two too big and some was just so worn that the stretchiness was stretched to capacity. Still...beats buying a whole new wardrobe. Other stuff I bought on huge end of season sales, some of which was a size or two too big b/c that's all they had. That's what the bella band and safety pins are for! Plus, that extra size or two came in very handy towards the end of my pregnancy when my belly was the size of a large watermelon.

Pants came first. I was still able to wear all of my regular shirts. But now, they all seem to have shrunk. That's a problem...b/c all of my pregnancy summery shirts are built to be worn when you're humongous. So right now, they just hang on me. I did find a few that I can just rotate until it's cool enough to wear long sleeves on a regular basis.

Last pregnancy, I took weekly preggo pictures since I'm a minimum of 275 miles away from family and most friends. I blogged them on my pregnancy blog. But, I don't think I actually even started that process until I was 20 weeks or so along. I did that so that I could keep track of the changes. It was so neat to see just how much you could grow during a week. And it was even neater to see that although your belly could grow in infinite amounts, your butt, thighs, face, and arms could shrink considerably. Like I said, I only gained 15 or so pounds b/c I was a little overweight before I started (doctor's permission).

So those of you who had more than one child...does your stomach end up bigger in the end b/c you show so much sooner or is it just a slower process on the growth? I'm a little concerned at this point. No weight gain yet, but lots of tummy growth.

So here's the first of many many pictures. Underneath that, I'll put the best matching picture I can find of when I looked the same size. Wow...things happened quick this time.


Baby #2 at somewhere around 8-9 weeks


Zoe at around 17 or 18 weeks and in the same pants - wow I lost a lot of weight

No comments:

Post a Comment