Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! I decided this one over the 25 random things about yourself.
Let's see how much I remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Can any pregnancy really be planned? We were trying...the actual pregnancy was up to God. :)
2. WERE YOU MARRIED WHEN YOUR CHILD WAS BORN?
Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS WHEN YOU FOUND OUT?
Drop to my knees in tears and prayer. Too many months of negative tests.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
25
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Took a home pregnancy test. Same as I did every month...hoping...
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Well, I was on the phone already with my mom when I went in to read the test...but then I planned this elaborate scheme to tell my husband while at work.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes, definitely 100%. I had some decorating to do and have to have just the right clothes. :)
9. DUE DATE?
Which one?? Initial date, July 18th...first ultrasound date, July 16th, mid-pregnancy ultrasound date...July 15th.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Umm..yeah, worst two months of my life, I think. 24 hours a day for about 8 weeks.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Deviled Eggs and fruit
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
At the beginning, it was the constant nausea and throwing up...towards the end it was the discomfort of being a house on legs.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Didn't matter at the time
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
About 15
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Not anything serious for her, just a lot of physical issues for me.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Baptist Medical Center in Little Rock, AR
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Too many...about 20-21.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Darin
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Darin, the doc, nurses
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Oh, it was heaven.....
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lbs, 14 oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
July 18th, 2007 at 12:35AM
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Zoe Grace Buscher
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
18 months going on 18
32. WHAT WAS THE FUNNIEST PART OF DELIVERY?
Umm, as if delivery is funny.... BUT, w/o being too graphic, here goes. I had been pushing for about an hour and a half. I had had a double dose of the epidural again b/c it wore off completely about 2 hours before, so I couldn't feel anything. I was doing "practice pushes" for the hour before the doc came in and still doing "practice pushes" once she came in. At the point when she was ready to actually get herself prepared, she got up and had the nurses help her get dressed and instructed me to continue pushing, saying, "she won't come anytime soon, you can keep pushing". So, as instructed, I continued pushing...only the first push after her saying that and out popped Zoe's head. I again coulnd't feel anything...I only saw my doc, a normally very passive and mellow woman, begin to freak out. Her eyes widened and she said with a frantic voice, "No, no...stop pushing, stop pushing!!!" Meanwhile, the nurse ran over to support Zoe's head. I'd never seen her move so fast to get ready and back over there. About 3 more pushes (maybe a few more) and she was out.
"I planned this elaborate scheme to tell my husband while at work." Oh do tell.
ReplyDeleteTwo of my babies were 7.14!
ReplyDeleteFun delivery story. My doctor wasn't ready for any of my babies when they decided to pop out either. It's kind of fun to see the doctor's move so fast, isn't it?!