And because of that, I do lots of other things. See, I committed to a home workout program by beachbody that is called Slim in 6 a few weeks ago. It's a 6 week commitment working out 6 days a week. My husband bought it for me last summer (by request, not because he was trying to hint something), but shortly after I got it, I found out I was pregnant, so I never started.
This is it.

It's tough, but it's simple moves. But it's only three phases. Phase 1: Start it up is a 25 minute video for beginners to show the basic moves. Phase 2: Ramp it up is the middle video...48 minutes long, and adds to those basic moves. Phase 3: Burn it up is the phase you're supposed to use for the last 4 weeks. I totally skipped the first phase. Too easy..I think it's more for people who haven't worked out. Since I workout often, I went straight to Ramp it up. I did that one for 3 workouts, I think, and then went straight to Burn it up. Phew. That's tough. Still is, even after 15 workouts.
I've done 15 workouts. I have 21 more to go. I'm almost halfway through. I've lost about 4 or 5 inches over my body. Almost two off the biggest area of pudge around my belly - the area I really want gone - the area left over from birthing two kids, the one born just 4 months ago being carried VERY LOW and leaving a little pouch. My arms are now toning and no longer look chubby. They look somewhat muscular, even when it's pressed against my side. You can see a defined (or defining) shoulder, triceps, and bicep. My rear end is slimming down. My quads are once again becoming defined, and my hamstrings are toning as well. I'm losing the cottage cheesy stuff that appears when I cross my legs. So yes, I'm motivated in that fact.
So what's the problem you say? It's the same workout Every Single Day. And it's BORING! I love variety! LOVE IT. I get bored easily. In a typical hour workout, I like doing any of the following. Biking, swimming, playing tennis and softball (or any sport other than basketball and football), walking, kickboxing, aerobics, using my gazelle, etc. But notice, it's a HUGE variety. The lady that does this is great at what she does, don't get me wrong. And the type of workout it is, it's hard to be really enthusiastic. BUT - I've got to do this 21 more times over the course of the next three and a half weeks. I am committed to it, so I'll do it, but wow do I dread it! I just need some motivation from you readers. I know I can do it, I just don't want to.
So here's what I've been doing to throw a little bit of mix into it. I've been knocking off the 4 minute ab portion 3 days a week and inserting a 17 minute ab ripper section from P90X. OH MY GOSH! Can I just say one word? OUCH! Here, let me just give you an 8 minute glimpse into this 17 minute workout.
And that's just half of it. There are 11 exercises, all of which are 25 reps except for the last exercise. And can I say that the second full exercise, the V-Up/Roll Up one, I have yet to make it past 12 reps?
I've done this workout 3 times in the last week. It's gotten easier, but WOW it's tough. No, no, tough doesn't even describe it. Not even a bit.
I'm going to venture out and commit to a 90 day program as soon as I finish this called P90X. Darin's started it. It's T.O.U.G.H! I know I probably won't make it through...but I'll try. It's 13 different workouts. So variety guaranteed. Some I won't even try b/c my knees are terrible and are now lacking cartilage. They sound like sandpaper when I bend down. Gross, I know. Another aftermath of having childhood cancer with chemo treatments for over a year.
BUT - if you're looking into losing inches fast, I would definitely recommend this Slim in 6. Although it's boring, it works. I mean, 4-5 inches in 15 workouts? Yeah - it works.
So, please...help motivate me to finish this. I really need it!
You can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome the kind of results that you are getting!! Woo Hoo!!
And that P90X mess...it's tough...oy.
Good for you.
Haha! Aaron's been doing the P90X for the last couple of months, and let me tell you, it looks really tough! But, if you stick with it, I can guarantee you'll see results! There is a huge variety of workouts, and you won't get bored, that's for sure! More power to you, and good luck!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You can totally do this! I am so impressed at your effort and progress already, especially since I now personally know what two kids can do to your body and I'm not even through the second! Just keep your goals in mind and how you've already gotten so much from the workout no matter the boredom factor! YOU CAN FINISH IT and I can't wait to hear how worth it it was in just a few weeks!
ReplyDelete