This morning was one of the latter mornings. Darin was up at 6:30, I was up at 7:30, kids both slept till 8ish, don't have to be at church till 9:15. Lots of time, right? Yeah, tell that to me as I'm trying to get my breakfast, watch as my husband finishes up his P90X workout, eat my breakfast, get a shower, get Ethan up and nurse him, get Zoe up and get her dressed while Darin showers and makes his and her breakfast, yada, yada, yada.... So long story made short...I mean shortened...I was rushed for whatever reason, and I was the reason we walked out the door a couple of minutes late.
But all that said, this is what I walked in to see when I went to get my son out of bed.
Look at this face!

Now keep in mind, at the start of bedtime, he's wrapped up like this:
AND, he starts out the evening on this side of the bed.
Yet here we are, naked with a FULL diaper on and on the opposite side of the crib. You see, this smile,
is what we see every morning when we go get him. He wakes up happy - all the time (well, almost). I think a smile is permanently planted on his face. He and Zoe were just our smiley, happy babies.
Now fast forward. Lunch time. All of us, except for our now napping son, are now sitting around the table eating. So our daughter has been in the 2 year old class now for 2 weeks. They promoted all of the two year olds last week. She's got a birthday so close to promotion day that it really doesn't make a difference for her...but some of the kids that got moved were 28 months old almost. I was excited that they moved them all up at the same time, though. Made transitions easier. Umm - ok...I apparently am chasing a rabbit. Back to the lunch table. So in the two year old class, the start having SS lessons of some sort. Bless the hearts of those who try to teach these little busybodies. Fully expecting to hear a giggle following this question, I asked Zoe at lunch:
Mommy: "Zoe, what did you learn about in Sunday School this morning?"
***See, we have "conversations" like this a lot, and although sometimes she'll actually answer us in a sentence, most of the time, she looks at us and giggles and we end up asking her specific yes/no questions followed by her answering either yes or no. I fully expected that type of conversation to evolve. But in an effort build her conversational skills, I tried the above question first.***
Zoe: "Moses."
***(Choke a little on food) Umm...wow. Are you kidding me? My child just told me she learned about Moses. She not only paid attention during Sunday School, but she remembered what she learned.***
Mommy: "Wow, what did you learn about Moses?"
Zoe: "Moses and frogs and yucky bugs."
Mommy: "Oh yeah? What about those frogs and yucky bugs?"
Zoe: " Frogs got on the floor."
I'm getting goosebumps. I know, I know, most of you are thinking I'm pretty pathetic right about now. But it was really exciting for me to think that my baby girl is not just hearing, but learning new things about the Bible and how God made frogs and yucky bugs get all over the floor. We talk a lot about Jesus, but we haven't started doing Bible stories with her yet. Maybe it's time.
That is the most fun!!! I love when the lightbulbs come on!!! So much fun!!
ReplyDeleteAnd that Ethan...oh.how.I.love.that.boy.
But you already know how I feel about that snuggle bug.
Way cool about Zoe and Moses.
ReplyDeleteAlso, way cool that she is still into "yucky bugs". Smile
I love that little girl SO much!
-Aunt Julie