Sunday, May 8, 2011

First of the Lasts

My daughter "graduated" from her 3 year old preschool class on Friday.  Talk about a bitter/sweet moment.  I told her "Zoe, you need to stop growing."  And she looked at me as though I lost my mind, and with her hands on her hips she replied, "No, Mom.  I'm going to grow!"  Mom?  Really?  Not even Mommy?  Child, you must have forgotten you graduated from preschool, not elementary school!   
She is sad about school being done.  She has learned so much from being in school this year.  Not so much thing educationally, but things like learning how to share, how to wait in line, how to wait your turn, how to cut with scissors, how to swing on a swing by herself, how to listen quietly to a teacher and follow instructions, how to dot with glue...   She has grown so much over these 8 months...physically and mentally.

She says she's going to miss her two favorite teachers, Mrs. Bobbi and Ms. Amanda.  She talked about them all year long. 

When I asked her what her favorite things to do at school were, I got the following response. 

Mommy:  Zoe, what was your favorite thing to do at school?
Zoe:  Go outside and play.
Mommy:  What was your second favorite thing to do? 
Zoe:  Eat snack. 
Mommy:  What was your third favorite thing to do? 
Zoe:  Play inside.
Mommy:  (sigh)  What was your fourth favorite thing to do...maybe something we don't do at home very often?
Zoe:  Nothing else.  Just play and eat. 

Now granted, those may have been her "favorite", but there were a ton of other things she loved to do.  She loved art time, and love loved music time, especially the day each week that Dr. Eve would come.  She also was excited every day about whatever they talked about and would tell me all about it. 

I can't imagine a better place to have had her be.  They took fieldtrips, had speakers, got to pet squirels, chickens, dogs, ducks, had parties...all sorts of neat things.  What a blessing it has been to have her in this program. 

Here are some pictures from her last day...and a few from her first. 


Getting her "diploma"

Cubby Time

Carnival games outside

Obstacle Course outside

Best buds

Party time!

I swear she doesn't ever look at the camera!


The four muskateers

With favorite teacher - Amanda
With her very favorite teacher, Mrs Bobbi

Another favorite teacher, Mrs. Dana

And pictures from the first day of school last September.  So many changes!





No comments:

Post a Comment