We had Ethan’s second birthday party last weekend – barely. I say barely for two reasons. 1. He had tonsillitis last week. He ran up to 103.5 and ran fever from Tuesday through Friday. We didn’t discover that he had until Friday. We were told that if he broke his fever that night, he would be safe to have his party. If not, we would need to cancel it. Fortunately, combinations of Motrin and antibiotics and he broke it during the night. Party on.
2. The park we chose to have his parity at this year is almost always very quiet and not at all crowded. Not this day! This day, we got to share the park with about 200 of our “closest friends”. Yes, that was sarcastic. They apparently had some 50th reunion for a college frat scheduled at the same time. They were blaring rap music, and all over the park. There almost wasn’t a place to park…we ended up parking illegally on the grass and snagged the last of the 6 mini pavilions available. Except for the music, it wasn’t all that bad. They were all pretty calm and just visiting, so it could have been much worse. Well, I say it wasn’t all that bad…until 4 police cars showed up and started forcing them out. Not sure if it was a noise ordinance, or the danger in the fact that there were fifty cars in places they shouldn’t have been, but they were kicked out evidently as we were leaving.
I can’t believe my little guy is two. He sure acts like it! I don’t know why I am so surprised! J He still was feeling a little groggy, and didn’t eat anything but his ice cream, but he had a good time. He loaded up on good gifts – a football, a few other balls, lots of cars, coloring books, and a doodle pad. All perfect gifts for a busy little boy.
 |
| The perks of being the cake-makers. :) |
 |
| Cake #1 - The Jersey Cake |
 |
| Complete with the ball cakes - the football was Ethan's personal cake |
 |
| I can't even count the number of times his little hands reached for those cakes! |
 |
| Blow, baby, blow! |
 |
| All boy, but hates to have dirty hands! Go figure. |
 |
| Let's taste test! |
 |
| Mighty big bite of ice cream there, son! |
 |
| Have I mentiond that he's all boy? Pure excitement - over a football! |
 |
| Is that all that's in there!??!?! |
 |
| Umm - so notice the holding of the hands. Such a gentleman! |
 |
| Our little man! |
 |
| Can you hear me now!? |
 |
| Look, I can swing by myself!! |
 |
| Peek-a-boo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment