Dad, thanks for putting so much of your energy into raising a godly daughter. I'm sure I wasn't the easiest of teenagers to raise, and awfully stubborn, but you still chose to guide me through those years. Although you're not much of the emotional type, you showed your love to me in many ways. I'll never forget the day Zoe was born, and through your tears you prayed over our precious baby girl. That sweet moment will be etched on my mind forever. That was the first time I ever saw you cry (only the second I'd ever known of you crying in my almost 27 years), but through your tears, I saw pure joy and love for your granddaughter.
Ernie, although you're not my father by blood, you're so close to my heart. I'll never forget the fear I experienced the first time I met you and Carolyn. By the time we were actually able to come to Missouri, we were in the process of choosing a wedding date(although there had been no official proposal yet). Knowing that, I was a bit nervous coming to meet you. But the moment I walked into your home, I was accepted as one of the family, even before that was so. You and Carolyn had a way of making me feel so welcome, and your quirky, sarcastic lines eased my fears in a hurry. You raised your son into such an amazing and godly man and I could not have imagined someone like him existed for me. I look at him everyday and marvel at his reflection of you, and even more importantly of our Father.
And Darin, I know I probably tell you more than you care to hear, but I love you so much. To be able to celebrate this holiday with you was a special moment. It was another "first" that we were able to share together. Looking into your eyes, I see such love for your daughter. When you come home from work and Zoe sees you for the first time that day, she inevitably starts giggling and squealing with delight. Every day at that moment, your eyes just light up and you grin from ear to ear. You have been such an amazing daddy, and I look forward to the many years to come as you're able to watch your seeds being planted in your child and then watching that seed flourish. Zoe is lucky to have you, and I know she will cherish the many wonderful moments she will have with you with you in the future. I love you daddy of my baby, my husband, and my soul mate.
Happy "belated" Fathers Day!!


Aw, precious pics!
ReplyDelete