Monday, July 28, 2008

Crawling? What's that?

You remember, I'm sure, how excited I was the day Zoe figured out how to walk more than 5 steps at a time? And then how baffled I was by the fact that she didn't even attempt to do it again for over a week? Well, she's finally decided that crawling is a thing of the past. Yay for me??? Ask me in a couple of weeks. On her birthday, as we were making preparations for her party the next day, we moved our furniture back and out of the way to leave room for games. In the process, the coffee table that she used to lap around dozens of times a day was taken out of the way as well. That's when it was decided...no more crawling. She took off across the encouraged her on a little bit by making the "yay's" and "there she goes" every couple of seconds. She was so proud of herself. After a few laps across the room, she decided to test hereslf on turning around. That's when I got the video camera to get a shot of her "turnarounds". I'm thankful she decided to be done with crawling, b/c the next day at her party we had about 25 people there. She'd have been run over by all the other toddling one year olds and running, over-excited kiddos. Although she did, in her inexperience, get bumped down a few times...all part of the game of learning to walk.

Excuse the trashbag and seemingly out of place toys. We were preparing for taking outgrown toys to storage. Remember, you can stop the music to hear the video...the music player is on the right hand side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment