Saturday, July 19, 2008

Par-tay!

Whew...one birthday party under the belt. The house was bursting out the seams with people..particularly kids and babies. The good thing about doing something huge like this for the first time is that you don't have a clue what you're doing or what to expect. So anything that happens makes for a good party. This one, however, was a lot of fun. Kids are quite humorous when you get them all together. And, we managed to get through the night with nothing broken (materials or bones). :-) That always makes for a good ending. Thankfully, Zoe decided she was too big for crawling yesterday. She is like her mommy...once she decides to do something, she does it all the way. So she spent most of the afternoon yesterday walking from one room to the next and testing out her new abilities. Now...back to tonight's party. Had she still been crawling, I think she would have been run over with all of the people there.
My birthday girl!

This first group of photos is just some pictures of some of the guests.
The Big Kids
The bigger kids (part 1)
The bigger kids (part 2)
Hmm...yeah
Shelby and Annabelle
The Baby Clan
"Happy Birthday!"
One year old wrestling match...

Darin and I decided to play some games at the party...even with the adults.

Frog Jumping
Yes, he's changing a diaper on a stuffed animal - Diaper relay
And now the adults take a stab at leap frog

Time for presents....




CAKE TIME! This one almost deserved a post by itself. You can see the progression. Let me tell you...this child devoured her cake. It didn't take her long to figure out that it was good stuff. I figured she would pick at it for a minute or so...but look at the picture with the candle. She had her hand already in it before the candle was blown out.

Birthday girl ready for cake...
Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday...........
Yummm...this is good!


Yummy...
Want some? I'll share with you...
This is all that remained

End of party...end of first birthday...sniff sniff...
No...don't leave!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed it, but am glad David and the kids were able to go. Looks like you all had fun, Abby demonstrated the frog race, and the pict filled in the rest of the. I particularly like the last photo. But it looks like she is laughing not crying. I party down, many years to go.

    ReplyDelete