Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

The awe of fireworks. While visiting family in Illinois, we saw a fantastic fireworks show. If you look closely, Zoe is wearing a sweatshirt with a hood. Storms had come through earlier that day and the temperature never reached above the low 70's. That night, the air was quite chilly and in the low 60's, so we borrowed one of her cousin's sweatshirts. Zoe and Silas, Zoe's cousin who is 2 months older, watched fireworks for the first time and were both completely mesmorized. They had such precious faces and big eyes when one popped. Zoe actually lost interest about 5 minutes into the show. I think she was afraid of falling asleep if she got still. So she played with her toys. It was good to know that she wasn't afraid of the big BOOM. I on the other hand watched the fireworks shows for several years from under my parents bed. I eventually graduated to watching them from the park but inside the car with all of the windows rolled up and my hands over my ears. And still later (much later), grew to love the big boom produced by each firework. I probably didn't truly enjoy them until I was 9 or 10. Anyway, here are some pictures of the "oohh and ahh" faces.





This show was much better than the somewhat pathetic patriotic show put on in Arkadelphia at the lake. Check out some of these photos of the fireworks.




No comments:

Post a Comment