I'm 26 weeks now....one week away from entering into the 3rd trimeseter...one day under the 100 day mark! Whohoo!! Time's a flyin'!
Well, this picture is actually from a week ago when I was 25 weeks, so I'll need to do a new one after church tomorrow when I'm not sporting a lovely oversized sweatshirt that just makes me look like Christmas wasn't very nice to me...which it wasn't. I actually gained b/w 5 and 6 pounds this last month...darn sweets. Although I was kind of shocked about that. I didn't think I did too awful. So I've gained about 15 pounds at this point. I'm a little more than I was last time. I gained 20 total (and 5 of that was making up for the weight I lost in the first trimester). I'm hoping to still keep it under 25. Last time I just stopped gaining weight the last half of the 3rd trimester, so maybe I'll do the same this time. Hopefully, anyway. My butt doesn't need to get any bigger than it already is right now. But the good news is that I'm starting to see the same things happening that happened last time. Towards the 3rd trimester and beyond, weight fell off around my "trouble areas"...ie the butt, and thighs. My waist actually slimmed down, and my face became really thin. Those are all starting to happen and all the weight being gained is in my basketball sized growth.
Here's a picture of me this time at 25 weeks...nope, just kidding. I must have deleted that one without downloading it. Oops...so here's my 26 week picture. Since I'm sporting an oversized pair of sweat pants and sweatshirt, I went and changed into a shirt where you can actually tell I'm pregnant and not just extremely overweight in the belly area. I'm outgrowing my warmer winter clothes and when I get cold, I wear the lovely pink hoodie sweatshirt. Real classy.

And here's one at 26 weeks with Zoe...just my own curiosity to see where I compare.

So before I state the obvious, he is being carried MUCH lower than Zoe was. Let me just tell you how much of a blessing that is. I had cancer when I was 4 yrs old and had a kidney removed. That left a scar going from one side of my belly (about 2 inches above my belly button) to the other. It's grown with me, so it still spans from the left to the right side of the belly. I was blessed to carry Zoe low, but by this point in my pregnancy, that scar was soooo soooo tender. By the end, it felt like it was going to burst open. I was just telling Darin the other night that I haven't felt a bit of discomfort along my scarline. But not until now have I even compared pictures (at least in the last 6 weeks or so).
No comments:
Post a Comment