I'm exhausted today, more than normal. Zoe's been sick with a cold, had a wicked cough starting about 9:30 last night and my "momsense" kept me from ever getting into a deep sleep. Not a good thing when your body craves at least 9 hours of good sleep b/c you're pregnant about to enter into your last trimester. But despite how exhausted I am, I still have been in this cleaning frenzy today and my mind has been running more than normal.
So here my thoughts...and bear with me, they'll jump from one thing to another.
Thought #1: I was browsing on facebook last night and was looking at status updates when I noticed that one in particular kept climbing in the number of comments. Intrigued, I watched as they bantered back and forth. She's a 13 year old girl that I know very well...good kid, good Christian family...BAD conversation, one I'm not going to even repeat (other than to say it was about sexual thoughts, etc...). I was blown away that a 13 year old would be even thinking about those things, let alone type them out for all to see. Then I started thinking, oh my gosh...my little girl is going to be thrown into this world here in a few years and will be 13 before I know it. Do I home school her? But then what about college? Here's a good kid involved in some terrible conversations. What if that's Zoe in 11 years??? The bantering ended with an adult, a worker from Arkadelphia schools actually, saying, "you know that adults can see this too, right?"...or something to that effect. Oops...busted...especially since some of the comments were about a teacher at school. I pray that though Zoe may end up in things like that, that she will always be caught early enough to learn a lesson from it. I think it was Lisa that said she prayed that from day one for both of her girls and they were always caught when they were up to no good.
Thought #2: I have 13 weeks left...THIRTEEN! Then our family of 3 will instantly become 4. Holy cow...what a concept. I've just been breezing through this pregnancy. But as I was feeling Ethan's body slip and slide inside me, knees moving across my belly and feet kicking at my ribs, the realization slapped me in the face. Wow...
Thought #3: It's a really nice day outside...I really want to go walking. Hmmm.....
Thought #4: OK, so I've read 6 books in the last few weeks since really just a couple of days before Christmas. I swore up and down that I would never get hooked on romance books...thought it was too soap opraish (hmm...new word for the Alison Dictionary). But I kept seeing my mother-in-law reading these books by Karen Kingsbury. She's been trying to get me to read them for years now. Then I heard some ladies at church talking about her. The final breaking point was when I was browsing the church library looking for something to check out some books but had finished all the ones from Coleen Coble, one of my favorite authors. Angela Garner came speeding in and apparently noticed my bewildered look. Guess where she pointed me? Karen Kingsbury! NOOOO...I won't be sucked in! Yeah, my last words there. I checked out two, read them over the course of the holidays and have checked out between 2 and 3 ever since the first of January. I finished the 5th book in one of her series and was in tears by the end. I was sucked in...HARD. I won't ruin the ending of that series for those of you who haven't read it and might want to. She's a romance Christian, but it's a great plot line...one that involves a family with 5 grown kids that you follow all the way through. Not sappy by any means, just good plots with a good moral. But I'm still not happy with her for killing off one of the family members. Ugh.
Thought #5: My daughter last night gave me a good laugh. She is obsessed with her little toy phone. It's a flip phone and the buttons have been worn out. But still, she manages to talk on that thing for minutes on end. Her conversation starts, "Yo". Ok, so I must explain that my daughter is not a hoodlum. Yo is her word for hello. But imagine this: Phone held up to her ear, head cocked as if to cradle the phone between her chin and shoulder, hip thrust out in this sassy sort of way, free hand on her hip, all the while having a pretend conversation started with "Yo". Ok seriously, do I really talk on the phone that way? She mocks me or Darin and then role plays herself. Where did she learn to stand like that? Surely not me!!!!! ;-) Last night, she tried to mimic an entire conversation of mine to one of my friends from Dallas. A few of the words that she caught were, "hey", "wow", "great", "See ya". In the background I hear her, but tune her out. She's standing right in front of me talking on her phone looking at me. Darin's behind her and he's stifling laughter. As soon as I got off, he shared what she was doing with me since I was too oblivious to notice. He said she did everything I was doing during the 2 minute phone call.
Thought #6: Darin and I signed up for our churches "read through the Bible in 365 days". We're reading every evening together...don't know about him, but it keeps me accountable. We're in Exodus now, reading about the plagues on Pharaoh that Moses and Aaron brought upon Egypt for not allowing the Israelites to go. Wow...am I glad I wasn't there to see frogs cover my household or water turn to blood. What was going through the average citizen's mind during all that???
Thought #7: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I'm with you on the scary teenage stage. Working at high school everyday about throws me into cardiac arrest realizing that in just a few short years my boys will be right in the middle of those hallways. SCARY! But, we can't live in fear. We just have to raise them the best way we know how and trust the Lord to take care of our babies.
ReplyDeleteThe boys and I are reading through Exodus right now! It is a fun book!
Finally you got sucked into the world of KK, my favorite of her is Beyond Tuesday Morning. It was the first book of hers that I read and I can still read it over and over.
ReplyDeleteI started the Bible in a year last year in March, yeah I knowL LATE, but I'm nearly done. Since I got a GoBible for Christmas I can now listen when I'm doing school work, or working. I'm going to do a do-over Feb. 1 from the beginning again while I am also finishing the last part of Revelations.