Saturday, January 24, 2009

Big...small; fast, slooooww...

OK, here's the scene. Zoe is sitting on the potty...please ignore that. Darin is not! He is sitting on a chair opposite her to keep her occupied while she is "doing her business".

Yesterday, we read a good majority of the time that she was awake. She's been fighting a cold and yesterday I guess was just in an "I need to be still today" mood. Her favorite book is the Opposite book. That has been her favorite word for over a month now. Actually it's kind of funny when she's with me and I'm talking to friends of mine or she's around strangers of any kind. Sometimes she'll just randomly start saying the word opposite and I always get the same response...a funny look, cocked head, and sometimes a question, "Did she just say opposite?".

Anyway, yesterday we were reading this book, only she read it to me. I opened up the book and was prepared to get pretty animated as I always do with this one but she started and pointed to each one and said what the picture was, then pointed and named its opposite. I was blown away. She got through the book by herself only getting caught up on a couple. I tried to get a video of it immediately after, but of course was insistent on the fact that she didn't want to read it again.

So...we got the video today. Only what daddy didn't know was that he could have pointed and asked, "what's this?" instead of saying the first and letting her name the opposite. But she might not have read it that way b/c she was in a funky mood today. I think this may be the longest video I've ever posted, but it took that long to get through the book. Granny, I hope you're reading this one...this is one of the books you got her for Christmas.

Oh, and you'll probably want to go turn the music player off to hear this one well. Bottom of the right hand column is pink box..click the pause button.

1 comment:

  1. What a smart girl! I'm glad you pointed out that Spud wasn't on the potty!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete