9:32...That was the exact moment my daughter woke up this morning.
So what did it allow me to do??? Get some much needed rest since I don't sleep all that well at night anymore for the protruding watermelon in front of me. Plus, it allowed me some extra time just to be since I'm still in the recovery stages of the stomach flu. Have I mentioned that she didn't get up until 9:32??? Now granted, I got up at about 8:50 and played on the computer, but still. Only a handful of times has she ever slept that late, and most of them are because she was up a lot during the night from illness...not true for last night. Her normal wake up time is usually b/w 7:30 and 8. I normally would wake her up, but today since neither she nor Darin is totally out of the woods yet with this stomach bug that I had, I let her sleep as late as her body needed to, and as long as her diaper would allow her to. And let me tell you how full that thing was after 13 and a half hours of sleep. Half sagging to the ground.
She, however, was not as cheery as I was about her wake up time. She's like her Mommy...needs, oh...about 30 minutes to fully wake up and even be in the mood to talk to anyone. OK, so I need that long...she needs maybe 10. Most of the time she wakes up in a good mood but that's because we've learned to leave her in her bed until she's happily cooing to herself. Get her anytime before that moment (as I did this morning), and you get this......
YIKES...that's definitely not a happy face! Now just picture that look in about 12 years when she can talk, sass, sigh, roll her eyes....need I say more??? I don't think it will be as cute of a picture then.
I can't sleep late anymore. My body just won't let me, but it is SO nice when the kids do. Just to be up when the house is quiet is AMAZING!
ReplyDelete