Friday, April 24, 2009

Relay For Life


Today's Arkadelphia's Relay for Life. For those of you who don't know what RFL is, click on this link to learn more about it. Basically, it's a 24 hour long event in which participants get pledges to pledge a certain amount of money for each lap walked or run around a football field track. Funds raised at Relay save lives by funding cutting-edge cancer research, early detection and prevention education, advocacy efforts, and life-affirming patient services.

Being a childhood cancer survivor, I have a soft spot for events like this. I wish I could participate this year, but it probably wouldn't be wise for me to go out there and walk 5 miles...or maybe it would. ;-)

If you are reading this and you're from a different area, I'd encourage you to find out if there's a local RFL happening near you. They happen all over the place. It's a great community event, and a great way to be directly involved with raising money to help find a cure for cancer! Happy walking!!!

3 comments:

  1. Miranda and I will be there! I hope to see you there! It IS a great event! I have gone every year for about 6 years! I always enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should go and walk, walk, walk! Move that baby on down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenn....go walk that baby out!

    ReplyDelete