Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hodgepodge

Well, it's been an entire week since I've posted...almost unheard of!

Here's the hodgepodge of events that occurred this past week.


1. We left for Dallas over the weekend for a couple of different reasons. Darin had a meeting out there that he had to attend, and my ENTIRE family is out there. It looked like that weekend was the best to go since everyone from here on out is iffy. Darin teaches Upward Bound starting next week until mid July. So..two weeks old and we up and travel. Good weekend...just a little (or a lot) tiring. He's a good traveler...sleeps the whole time until feeding time.



2. Colic/reflux seems to come and go. It's been getting worse over the course of the last few days again, so I'm not sure what to think. We took him off the reflux medicine over a week ago b/c it wasn't even supposed to take effect until several days after starting and he was already better the day we started it. We might put him back on it to see if that helps. It was sort of sad...I was at Bunco last night and telling everyone that he was so much better. An hour and a half later when I walked through my door, I heard screaming and walked in to see an exhausted husband who had apparently been listening to him cry for the whole time I was gone except for a 20 minute reprieve when he slept. LOTS of gas last night. Poor guys.



3. Tried to capture a picture of his crystal blue eyes...but did so unsuccessfully. They look dark in this, and they're really not. He got Darin's eye color...and I hope they don't change!




4. Zoe's doing quite well. She's only had a few episodes of true jealousy, but they're few and far between. She's been a lot more needy, but that's to be expected. She loves her little brother.



Zoe has been lining up her animals and dolls next to him. I laid him down on the carpet to change his diaper and in enters dolly. How's this for a size perspective?


He's a skinny little thing isn't he? He still doesn't fit into hardly any kind of pants without them falling off his bum when you pick him up.



5. Zoe had a full conversation with me this morning. I've been sick a little with sinus junk and slept late this morning trying to rest. I was feeding Ethan and heard her from outside the door. Here's how the conversation followed...

Zoe: Mommy! Mommy!
Me: I'm in here sweetheart.
Zoe: "Whimper sound"
Me: You can come in.
Zoe: OK, I comin'.
Me: OK.
Zoe: Sounds of grunts and jumping and fiddling with door knob. 15 seconds later, in enters Zoe. "Mommy!!"
Me: Hi sweet girl!
Zoe: Seeing Ethan, says, "Ethan nappin?"
Me: No, Ethan is eating.
Zoe: Oh....Ethan eatin'. Goodnight book? (She was looking for her Goodnight Moon book).
Me: It's in your room in the bookcase.
Zoe: Leaves room momentarily. "Oh...." Comes back in with a different book. "Here Elmo book!"
Me: Oh, are you going to read that Elmo book?
Zoe: No. (Grunts some while trying to do something). Later exclaims, "There. That better". (Exits room)

Wow...we've got a little talker on our hands, and we can now actually have a full blown "conversation" with her. How neat!



6. Hmm...not much else going on. Things are settling into a routine finally. Everyone's doing well..except for me and this pesky sinus junk...but that'll pass soon, I'm sure. I'll eventually post more pictures. There's just so many you can take of a child who does nothing but lay there and sleep or look at you. We'll take the "baby portraits" soon...I've already got all my desired picture shots written down. Now just to recreate them.

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well.

    Ethan is a cutie!!

    It is going to seem like Zoe just grows overnight now...something about the new baby, and the older siblings just sprout right up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that he is doing better with his colic. I hope it stays well. I am proud of Zoe for being such a good big sister!

    ReplyDelete