Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

"Out of the mouths of babes..." I've always heard that expression, I've just never been able to use it until now.

Lately, Zoe has been as stubborn as ever (ahem..she got that trait from me and her daddy both, unfortunately), so much so that when she gets into trouble, the last thing she wants to do is look at us in the face. But for us to get her complete attention, we've been lightly holding her face in the general direction of ours and saying, "Look at me" until she gives us eye contact.

The other day, she was jabbering something and apparently I was in some sort of a zombie trance b/c I apparently wasn't giving her the proper attention she thought she deserved. At that point, she looked at me, gently put both of her hands on either side of my face and turned my head towards hers. And what came out of her mouth at that point clear as a bell?? "Look at me, mama." And she proceeded to tell me whatever it was she had been trying to say. Soooo hard not to laugh at her b/c she was so serious and genuine. Oh, our precious little parrot...what would we do without her????

4 comments:

  1. That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute! At least she understands what it means!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just precious! Wow, our children really are watching every thing that we do!!!

    ReplyDelete