Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chunky Monkey

"Chunky Monkey" - that's my new nickname for this little guy. And this particular chunky monkey is two months old today!



Look at that pudgy belly!!! And to think we had a weight gain concern the first week of his life. We'll find out officially how much he weighs tomorrow at his 2 month doctor's appt., but from our scale, we get anywhere from 12-13 pounds depending on what time of day it is. He's got the "Buscher torso" - looong as could be. So in onesies and one piece outfits, we've been in 3-6 months for a while now.

So obviously at this age, I can't report much on what kinds of things Ethan's doing. Let's see...he sleeps, eats, poops...yep, that pretty much covers it. When he's not doing one of those three things, he's usually just hanging out. He's a happy little guy...lots of smiles and coos. He'll have full blown "oohhh" and "ahh" conversations mixed with a few gurgles and giggles. He found his hands this week, so he's constanly sucking on his knuckles. And when he has his hands out of his mouth, he'll grab the bottom edge of his shirt and pull his shirt up. I think he's trying to show off that pudgy belly of his.

And as far as sleeping?? W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L!!! He's sleeping now between 9 and 10 hours a night - straight through with no feedings. We'll put him to bed after I feed him at 10PM and he'll sleep till somewhere between 7 and 8. I can't even begin to describe how much more energy I have in the morning. Even when he only woke up once per night, the interrupted sleep made me sort of groggy in the morning. It just didn't felt like I ever got enough. I'm telling you - the routine we got both kiddos on works like magic. He knows what to expect and I do too...both of us thrive on that routine. Then there's the miracle blanket which we use only at night. That thing gets him so nice and snug that he doesn't wake himself up with the infant startle reflex. Zoe started sleeping through the night 7-8 hours by 6 weeks just like he did, and she was up to 10 by two months old like he is. He's a carbon copy with sleep habits.

So we've been very blessed with two happy, healthy, good kiddos. God is good!

And this month begins my monthly photos in the rocking chair. We'll take a few of these on his "monthly birthday" until he's a year old to show stages of growth.





Look at that face! I love this little boy to death!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment