Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alison's Ark

Hmm...rain again today. Imagine that. I think we've seen the sun about 6 times in the last two months. Not that I've kept count or anything. Don't get me wrong..I love story weather, but days on end gets old. The only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that we're living on a hill on top of a hill. So if we flood, the entire city of Arkadelphia is totally submerged underwater.

So just out of curiosity, I decided to look at the last 6 months of rainfall totals. Here they are.

May - a whopping 16.90 inches of rain
June - 1.55 inches - typical
July - 8.04 inches
August - 2.92 inches
September - 7.84 inches
October up to the 13th - 6.78 inches

GRAND TOTAL - 44.03 inches. That's almost 4 feet of rain. In 6 months. Wow, people. I've often been tempted to begin building my own boat in anticipation that I might need it for a few weeks as the waters subside. Seriously...are we going to make a record here?

In addition to the rainfall totals, the temperatures have been totally out of the ordinary. Right now, it's 65 degrees. Saturday, it's not supposed to get out of the 50's, and get down close to the upper 30's that night. Sheesh...I hope this isn't any indication of how cold our winter will be. Maybe I should start putting back money to buy snow tires or something. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment