Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tidbits

Hi! My name is Ethan. I'm 5 months old now...plus a few days. Here's a recent picture of what I look like now.



No worries...my mommy didn't let me fall off the bed or anything. Those aren't two scratches on my head. They're birthmarks...really called hemangiomas. My mom says they're something like a strawberry? Anyway, they'll grow until I'm a year and then they'll go away. Everyone thinks that I got a booboo. My mommy has to explain to them what they are...that they're birthmarks. They start apologizing, but it doesn't bother my mommy. She says it's part of who I am.

I now weigh 17 pounds. And I'm over 27 inches tall. My mommy said I went through a growth spurt a couple of weeks ago and now she's grumbling that some of my new clothes don't fit. I can't help it though! I'm a growing boy. My feet now go over the rocking chair...see?



Last month, I started solid foods. I really didn't like the rice cereal she tried to shove down my mouth, but I started to. The green beans were the worst!



But soon, I learned to like them and eveerything else my mommy feeds me. I now eat rice cereal and oatmeal, green beans, peas, sweet potatoes (my favorite, just like Daddy), squash (my least favorite), corn, carrots, bananas and pears (my favorites), and peaches. I also have much stinkier diapers. I think it's funny when my mommy changes my dirty diapers and makes her nose scrunch up.

I sleep lots during the day. I go to bed at 8:00 (sometimes 8:30 if I eat slower) and sleep straight until 8:00...sometimes a little before, sometimes a little later. One day I almost slept till 9. I probably would have done it too, but my mommy rushed in and wisked me out of bed saying she was hurting REALLY bad. I ate right then even though I wasn't fully awake yet. I take a 10:00 nap, a 2:00 nap, and a 5:00 nap. Sometimes I sleep 2 hours, sometimes just an hour. My late afternoon nap is only about 30 minutes.

I can do lots of new things now. I love playing with my rattles and chewing on things. My favorite place to be is in my jumper. I can stand up straight and then start jumping for a long time.

I can do this now too. It gives me a great new view of the world. Why didn't someone tell me about this sooner?



I love my big sister. She reads to me a lot. She read me three books yesterday and I just sat and listened to her. She's funny and likes talking to me. I hope she finds me as interesting in a few years.



I think I've told you all that's going on in my world. Until next month...



Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. He's a doll! And a clone, I see. No one can deny your children belong to you and Darren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute!!! What a doll. Lots of love from your cousin Jacob!

    ReplyDelete