Saturday, October 3, 2009

P3 (Pumpkins in a Pumpkin Patch)

Pumpkin Day. Last year on this day, it was in the 50's and raining. All. Day. Long. The Annual Pumpkin Day was pushed back a day. We went, but all the usual festivities (hay rides, face painting, games, pony rides, etc) weren't done b/c of the rain the day before. It was a real bummer. This year, however, sun, sun, and more sun! It was perfect weather. I'm telling you...everyone that you know comes out to this event. It's a huge community thing that's been done for probably decades.

Both kids did surprisingly well considering it was in the middle of naptimes. No meltdowns...until after the pony ride when a certain unnamed little person wanted to ride again. This little person's name, which shall go directly unnamed, begins with a Z and ends with an OE if you catch my drift.




She had lots of fun. I had lots of fun taking pictures. As always, we can't get two smiles from the kids at once...but we did what we could. We got close on a couple.






Can we say same sex clones (I didn't make it into this picture, so you can't see my female mini-me)?

And, folks, I went on a hay ride for the first time in my life. After almost 9 years of living in this podunkey little town, I finally feel indoctrinated in the small town life. See, I even use the small town country girl lingo by calling you all y'all folks. Thur, now you have it. :-)

Finally, the pumpkin picking. Lots of rain this year means lots of B.I.G pumpkins. Last year they were kinda puney. This year, puney meant you got a 10 pounder.






2 comments:

  1. Loved reading about your fun weekend. Loved the pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete