A two year old little girl + a rapidly expanding vocabulary = some wild and random comments (some funny, some head-cocking worthy).
Five examples, all within the last 48 hours:
1. "Hey Dad, Jedi has a tail. He's a good boy!" (Pat pat pat)
Parental thoughts: tail = good behavior?
2. "Daddy, Jedi has a mouth...and a tongue. You have tongue too. Lemme see it." (Daddy sticks tongue out) "It has butter on it".
Parental thoughts: Ummm...I don't even have a clue.
3. This morning...10am. Zoe: "Mommy, I see the sun. It's light outside. It's getting dark!" Mommy: "No it's not, Zoe. It'll be light for a long time today." Zoe: "Yes it is...."
Parental thoughts: She has this fascination with light and darkness. Maybe not seeing the sun for a month led to her getting light and dark mixed up.
4. Zoe: "I'm playing wif my baby." Mommy: "Yeah? Does your baby have a name?" Zoe: "It's baby DOLL, mom."
Parental thoughts: Thought #1 - wow, my little girls's getting an attitude. Thought #2 - where did this "mom" come from. What happened to "mommy"?
5. Zoe: "I'm going on a bear hunt, mommy." Mommy: "A bear hunt, huh? Can I go?" Zoe: "Yeah" Mommy: "What now?" Zoe: "We're going through the gwass. And over a rock. And marching. And swimming. Shh...the bear's sleeping. He's awake now!"
Parental thoughts: Wow - what imagination. I think they actually sing some sort of song on Sunday nights at childcare about a bear hunt. She was even doing movements with this. Too cute!
Cuteness!
ReplyDeleteGotta love how the mind of a 2 yr. old works! Too cute!
ReplyDelete-Grace