You will be 9 months in just a couple of days. You had your 9 month checkup today and were given a thumbs up. Here are your stats:
You weight 19.5 lbs. I thought surely you'd have passed 20 by now. You're in the 25-50% percentile for weight.
You are 27.75 inches...the 25-50% in height.
Your head is 17inches in circumference...fairly small for your age, but I have no doubt you'll one day be in that big head stage.
You wear almost all 12 month clothes. You're skinny (well...you have a few leg rolls still) and long-legged and have monkey arms...just like your daddy. You lost your chub pretty quickly once you started scooting and crawling. 6-9 month pants are too short and 6-9 month shirts are too short in the arms.
So what have you been up to?
The question, I suppose should be rephrased, "what haven't you been up to?".
- You threw your Mama for a loop when you learned to crawl on all fours, pull to standing, and cruise all in about 3 days. Please wait a while before you start walking!
- You learned to pull up and cruise on the same day! I guess Jedi was motivation for you to walk alongside the couch to try to get to him. Poor dog!
- It took a while for you to learn how to get down after pulling up. Sometimes you'd just cry for me to come help you down. You'd then pull right back up and cry again. Endless cycle. I "helped" you down by removing your hands and letting you plop to your bottom last week. Now you plop just because you like to do it. Again, the endless cycle....
- You learned to crawl on all fours, but still prefer your army crawl. You're much faster that way.
- You transitioned to feeding yourself...though you did a little of that at 7 months. You LOVE bananas, just like your sister. You eat peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, a little shredded meat, and cheese (you prefer string cheese oddly enough). You also like bread and cheerios. Really, you pretty much like anything we put in front of you.
- You are still nursing. Though some days I wonder if you are about done with it. Then others I think that I may have a hard time weaning you at a year.
- You said your first word this month - Jedi. Same "first" as your sister...ahem. But you also say Mama and Dada - usually at the correct person.
- You, today actually, clapped intentionally. You've "clapped" before, but just because you were waving your hands around. You mimicked me today.
- You LOVE your big sister and want to be everywhere she is, and into EVERYTHING that she's in. She is fond of you too, but there are days where she smacks on you a bit. She gets disciplined when she does, but you take her "beatings" so well that you're never phased. What she doesn't realize is that one day, you'll be old enough to beat on her back. Not a good thing!
- You have chameleon eyes just like your daddy does. They change shades of blue with the color of your shirt. Kind of cool. See?


- You have to have ear tubes put in next week. Your first surgery, and I hope your last. Your mama is a little nervous about having you put under, but I am hopeful that this will correct your ear problems. You have had 7 ear infections (1/2 of them double) in the last 3 months alone. The longest we've been off of antibiotics is about 6 days. Too bad I don't have the ability to write prescriptions...cuz I can diagnose them in a heart beat now.
- You are STILL completely toothless! And you are STILL using me as your personal teething ring. Needless to say ouch!
- I'm sure there's more stuff I'll think of adding later, but that's all I can think of for now. Until next month....when you'll be in double digits!
My handsome little fella!
Clapping for the first time! Caught the first clap on camera. Yay!



He is a doll! And growing so fast! Please say my Nathan will grow slower than that.
ReplyDeleteSam always had a tiny head. Always measured at less than the 3rd percentile. Dr. Rucker said she knows he's got a brain in there, it's just compact!