So Rhea Lana's consignment season is in the air. I have consigned so far in two sales. The first sale I made about $450, and this one is only one day in and I've only made about $20 so far. But we still have 5 days left, so we should come out with a decent check. That being said, having consigned at two sales, I have also gotten to shop early (one of the consignor perks) at two sales. The first one had, oh, about 500 people in the store at any given time. I shopped for 4 hours...yes, 4 hours and stood in line for 2 hours. The 4 hours would have been 2 hours or so if we weren't packed in an old Bed Bath and Beyond store like sardines. Can we say insanity? B/c that would just scratch the surface of what that night was like.
However, I came out with almost a complete wardrobe for spring/summer months for Zoe and about half of a wardrobe for Ethan. I am very picky about prices and won't allow myself to spend more than $7 for an outfit (except for one cheat per kid..as long as it's under $10). Unfortunately, people try to price their items for way more than 25-30% of the original cost, so I have to do a lot of putting aside the "Oh that's soooo cute" part of me and just put it away if it's too much money. I've become a pro at saying things like "wow, that's adorable...(pause to look at price tag)...but not for $12. And back on the rack it goes. It helps that I have developed a very frugal lifestyle. Between the two sales, I walked out with about 15 outfits for both kids, plus church clothes for the summer, two booster seats for Darin and my cars (our kids are getting so big!), several pairs of shoes for each kid, lots of big girl puzzles for Zoe including one poster sized 3' puzzle, several toys for both kids, and even a brand new pair of unworn pair of brown leather flip flops for Mama.
So all in all, what we made back in the first sale was more than what I spent at both sales...not by much, but that means that anything made at this sale is pure profit. Huh...I like the concept of getting paid to shop! I can handle that. That just means we can pay for the tuxedo and the dress for my kiddos' wedding attire as the flower girl and ring bearer.
So each sale, I have tried the clothes on the kids to make sure they fit them well with some grow room (this wardrobe will hopefully last for 6 months). Zoe got to try her new stuff that I bought last night after lunch today. Before we tried it on, she said, and I quote, "Mommy, I want to go stand in front of the mirror so I can see how they spin." She then proceeded to tell me that she only liked things that "spin good." Her favorite things are the "shirt-dresses", as she calls them, with leggins. And so she did. We'd try a new outfit on, and she'd say, "I wonder how this one spins". She'd spin and she would rate them based on their spin factor. She's not a girly girl at all. Ahem.
Ethan on the other hand. Tried his stuff on him too. Asked, "Ethan, do you like it?" His response...every time..."yes" followed by a dimply grin. That boy could care less what's on his body. Even if it's pink princess shoes and a tiara that he's wearing because he and his sister are playing dress up. Boy I sure hope he grows out of that soon! Like really soon!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment