Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pumpkin Patch '08

So surprisingly enough, the pumpkin patch was rescheduled for today following church. I was thrilled needless to say...I wanted Zoe to experience all of the sights and the sounds of a community pumpkin patch complete with hay rides, games, pumpkin picking, etc. etc. etc. And of course I wanted to get pictures...lots and lots of pictures. But because it is only scheduled for one day out of the year, they just had the pumpkin picking and served lunch...no hay rides, fire truck rides, or games. But for a one year old, it's still paradise (for an hour).

We took a big chance on taking her right after church. Normally, her nap times are at 10 and 2. Church days are thrown off b/c she doesn't nap in the nursery anymore, so her nap time on Sunday is right after lunch. She's a cranky one if she doesn't get her nap...unless she's captivated by something. She did get a small 15 minute snooze on our way out there. Just enough to give her a boost of energy.

Here are some of the better pictures. The sun was so bright that there were lots of shadows and squinting...and sadly, few smiles since she was so tired...or maybe she was just too distracted.















2 comments:

  1. I love the Manchester Punkin' Patch! (You knew that we lived out here, didn't you?!) We missed it on Sunday...I'm so sad. We always have such a good time with all our neighbors and friends. Oh, and the kids have fun, too! :) Glad that you guys were able to make it.

    Sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete