Saturday, October 18, 2008

Zoe Buscher to the starting line - On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!!!

Have you ever thought about how God has such an incredible sense of humor? I can remember times when it felt like He was just looking down going "Sorry, I needed to play a good practical joke today and you were it."

Like the time we were on our way to Illinois for Thanksgiving and a really large wreck had happened just up the highway from where we were. I'm an impatient driver and just want to get to where we're going as quickly as possible (not to say that I speed...much). We ended up sitting for two hours behind that wreck until they got it cleaned up. After loudly grunting and sighing for a while, I finally resolved to putting the car in park and unbuckling my seatbelt to become a little more comfy. Seconds later, the traffic moved. - Prank #1 Of course I thought the wreck had been cleared by that time. Less than 50 feet of traveling, the traffic stopped again. - Prank #2 More grunting, more sighing, and after 5 minutes or so, I repeated the putting the car in park and unbuckling. Hmm..again, seconds later, the traffic moves....again. Sceptically, I put the car back into drive and buckled up...only to find that just a few feet down the road again, traffic stopped. Hmph...just happened twice, but Darin laughed the whole time at me...even more so as I continued getting more impatient.

So this prank? Not really a prank, really, just need a scapegoat heavy sarcasm intended there). Of course my daughter would learn to run away from me at every call right about the time that anything more than fast walking makes me breathless. Yesterday, it wasn't just any old fashioned running away, it was running away right after a bath...completely naked and able to pee all over our carpet. Thankfully, that didn't happen....but it could've. She ran, and she ran....and she ran. She ran anywhere I wasn't...but all with her hooded towel still on her head.

I videoed the final moments of her sprint...just too funny not to capture on video. She was worn out by this point so she didn't really run until the end of the video when she realized I was right behind her. What stopped her? Well, you'll notice that Jedi is following behind her with his ball wanting her to play with him. He accidentally stepped on her towel and made her fall.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment