Monday, October 27, 2008

Saturday surprise

Darin taught Zoe to go put her socks away this last week. First of all, let me say that I had a tonof laundry that I had gotten behind on. Headaches and exhaustion just sucked me dry last week. But he helped get me back on track by washing and folding just about all of it. In the process, he showed her how to carry a couple of pairs of socks to her bedroom and put them into her chest. He even showed her how to open and close the chest drawers by herself.

Here's what my Saturday surprise looked like. When I woke up, the first thing I saw is Zoe carrying folded pairs of socks to her room with her daddy behind her with a load of clothes to be hung in her closet. He told her, "put your socks away, Zoe". She marched straight into her room and over to the little chest that's attached to her crib. She opened up the second drawer which is in reality her sock drawer, dumped the socks inside, and closed the drawer. Seriously...was I dreaming? Was I even awake yet?

I've always known she loved to "help". She puts groceries in the cart, puts some small items into the dryer when the washed load is finished, and "helps" me undress and dress her. But I certainly underestimated her capabilities of helping. If I can, I'll get a video of her doing it this afternoon. I just want to see it...just one more time! Just to make sure I wasn't really dreaming.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's cute! That'll come in handy w/ baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm equally impressed with your husband's ability to help!! :)

    ReplyDelete