Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rain out

Well, this was supposed to be my post dedicated to really fun and cute pictures of the pumpkin patch. However...notice that there are no pictures. No, that doesn't mean that I forgot my camera...we'd have gone back for it. :-) What it does mean is that Arkansas weathermen were sooooo far from being correct on what the weather was supposed to do. Last night when I checked it, we had a 2% chance of rain...yes, 2. The air in the morning was supposed to be cool and crisp, but be at about 65-75 while we were there. BUT...this morning at 7:30, I awoke to the sound of distant thunder. Thirty minutes later, the rain started and the storms hit. It was a random patch (that covered half the state) of thunderstorms. It's now 3:45, STILL raining, and barely 60 degrees. So I'm a little (or a lot) bummed that the perfect fall morning was a rain out. I had hoped for a perfect fall day to celebrate the yearly event us small towners like to call Pumpkin Day at the Pumpkin patch.

Yes, and I do mean a real pumpkin patch...not the grocery store's patch of pumpkins that sits outside of the store. A small community near Arkadelphia has a pumpkin patch that is located on their Christmas tree farm. It's always been fun just to go and get your own pumpkins, but this year was going to be even more fun. We have a kiddo that I'm sure would run from one corner to the other shouting "dis dis" and pointing to things that she'd never seen before. It's a picture taker's "paradise"...and a great place to make some memories.

If it's stopped raining this afternoon, chances are that they might still have some of the festivities. We might try to go out there about 5 just to see. I doubt they would reschedule it, but they might do that too.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that the weather is not cooperating. Going there is so much fun and it IS a GREAT place to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete