Sunday, January 11, 2009
One, toooo, teee, four....
Out of the blue last night, Zoe and I were reading a book (or something...I can't even remember), and she starts saying, "one, tooo, teee, four". Out of no where. If I hadn't been on the ground with her, I'd have started jumping up and down. I know we were doing something with numbers, whether reading a book or playing with some toy that had numbers on it. Ever since she was little, I practiced talking with her about numbers and colors and just about anything else. Even though she had no clue what I was talking about then, I knew someday she'd understand and would repeat back to me and I wanted my talking about everyday things to already be second nature to me.
We were working on a number puzzle today and she did the same thing, so my husband grabbed my camera and we managed to catch a little bit of footage of her number sayings, although she had done it a few times by then and got bored by the time we got to five.
Being a stay at home mom, I see most of the "firsts" and Darin has to hear about it later that day. He's luckily seen lots of the big ones with me...first laugh, first steps, first potty success, and now first counting experience.
I know, some of you veteran moms are probably annoyed that I'm so excited over something small. But to me it's a small milestone reached, and to me, any milestone that she reaches on her own is a big deal. Besides...who can resist the small child who can't quite pronounce two and three? ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is no such thing as a small milestone, right now they are all milestones weather veteran moms think they are big or small. I get excited when Abby pronounces words correctly, it took us forever to get Ab to say lemonade instead of lemonlade and yogurt instead of yogret. Jump up and down (as much as you can) when she gets to a milestone! Eat it up and enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteYou are right! Every new thing each of your babies do will be so exciting. They will continue to have firsts even when they are not babies anymore. Be excited for them in everything they do. It's a good thing! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that Zoe counted! YAY! From one math couple to another!
ReplyDelete