Since several blogger buddies are on the subject of brain farts, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and share my "I is a smart one" moment for the day.
Tonight I was trying to get dinner ready. The last couple of weeks, I've gotten away from my trying new recipes and standing in front of a stove for 30-45 minutes and started doing more crock pot, and simple crowd pleaser meals. So up on the menu tonight...turkey tetrazzini. We bought a turkey for 88 cents a pound last week and Darin cooked it on the smoker this week, so it's given me several nights of turkey meat to work with w/o the mess of cooking the meat myself. This recipe is a kid friendly, and leftover certain meal...a good thing these days.
So the ingredients used in tonights meal? Easy...spaghetti noodles, velveeta cheese, cream of chicken soup, rotel, and mushrooms.
What? You say something's missing?
Nah...nothing's missing.
What now?? You say it's the main ingredient besides the spaghetti noodles??
No way...there's zero chance I'd forget the....oh, wait, I forgot the turkey.
Yep, there ya have it, folks. Need I say, "I is a smart one!!!".
All the way through dinner, I kept thinking to myself, "there's something missing in this", but not until I took my last bite did I realize what it was. Can I blame this one on pregnancy??
That being said, it's not as bad as my "I is the smartest person on this here planet" moment a couple of weeks ago. That was a real doozy. Here's the scenerio there...Sunday morning, 9AM..pull into church parking lot..park..open car door..close car door..walk away from car. Find the missing link in this one?? Yep...that ever important step involving removing the keys from the running ignition before you exit the car. That one took my husband saying, "Umm...were you planning on turning the car off this morning?" before I even cued in on my blonde moment.
Hee Hee! Ha Ha! Now I'm just gufawing!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou and me....like this. (I'm crossing my fingers!!)
Love you new entries! This is hilarious! I must admit it happens to me a lot more than I'd like. My worst pregnancy one was this...
ReplyDeleteI wanted a snack before bed one night, but decided to settle for a glass of milk instead since I was on my way to bed. I begin to pour my glass of milk, and the phone rings. I talked for a while, so I decided to just put my drink on hold until morning and go to bed. I get up in the morning and find my glass in the frig and gallon of milk in the cabinet.