So Friday, we walk into Lowes to go get some other house repair items and ended up buying the Whirlpool Duet Sport Frontloader washer/dryer duo. I wanted us to look at frontloaders b/c of the higher efficiency and the fact that it uses 2/3 less water. Cost us $1500 including tax and delivery charges...not bad for a front loader set. Still...$1500 was HARD to part with.
Now, keep in mind, we did this so that we wouldn't have to be put in a bind when the ancient set finally did go kaput. So ours still worked...at the time. We hadn't necessarily planned on buying a set that day, but they were on sale and just decided to go ahead and get it done before the baby came. (Here's where God's perfect timing comes in...again). Delivery and installation was scheduled for today (Thursday). Monday, get a large load put into the washer, put soap in, start it up, water fills up and then NOTHING. The center part that agitates the clothes wouldn't turn and was making a clicking sound. GREAT! A huge load of soaking wet clothes that are now soapy. Darin looked at it that evening and decided, sniff, she was a goner. Talk about God's amazing timing, though. I only had one load left to do at that point which was not bad (of course it happened to be all of my husband's clothes, but he had enough to get by for a couple of days.) It was nice to have a few days off of the endless laundry piles anyway.
So I get a call from the appliance manager there. "Uh, Mrs. Buscher, we have a bit of a problem." Noooooo!!!!!! No problems...everything's perfect, right??? He goes on, "Well, you ordered the new Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer set. It looks like one of our guys made a mistake in inventory, and the set I told you we had is nonexistent. The good news is that we'll get it in on April 7th." Again, NOOOOOOO!!!!! So I calmly reply, "sir, our washer which was still working on the date of purchase has now gone out. I don't think we can wait until then." So he says, "Well, I've got good news for you. We have another option. There's a bigger and more advanced version of the one that you bought with more washing cycle options. It's more expensive, but since this was our mistake, we'd be willing to offer it to you at no additional charge. Would that be ok with you?" I wanted to teasingly say, "Umm...let me talk it over with my husband and see what he says." Who asks if it's ok to give the upgraded version for no additional charge?? Liability issues, I'm sure..it was just funny to me. So I reply, "Yes, that's be perfectly fine". Wahoo! Now we have an $850-$900 that we paid $630 for (after sale price).
So I'm currently working on washing the mountain of laundry that built up over the last 3 days. It'll be nice to have a load completly finished in less than 2 hours again!
Check these out?? Cool, huh? It's so quiet you almost don't hear it running.
Oh how nice! That's the kind I want when our set goes out! Have fun doing laundry!!
ReplyDeleteCan I come over just to pet it?
ReplyDeleteSo nice! Drool.
it's so pretty!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome! God is good at that perfect timing thing! Haha! Here's to loads and loads of fresh, clean laundry!!!
ReplyDeleteI am SOOOOOO jealous! Is it a sign that I have no life if I covet your washer/dryer set? I've always wanted one that's red, but ours is 4 years old and hardy. Darn it! Happy washing!
ReplyDelete